Saturday, May 8, 2010

effective prayer

Sermon outline-EFFECTIVE PRAYER

Prayer brings revival
Jackie Champ

2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. kjv

2 Chronicles 7:14 (Amplified Bible)
14If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, pray, seek, crave, and require of necessity My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.

If my people who are called by my name If the people who are mine if those that are called by my name.
Who is that who is God’s people? Who is called by the name of God?

THE CHILDREN OF GOD ARE CALLED BY HIS NAME WE ARE HIS PEOPLE!

Will humble themselves,

What does it mean to humble yourself?

Date: 13th century
1 : not proud or haughty : not arrogant or assertive
2 : reflecting, expressing, or offered in a spirit of deference or submission -a humble apology-
3 a : ranking low in a hierarchy or scale : insignificant, unpretentious b : not costly or luxurious

Pray, seek, crave, require of necessity my face and turn from their wicked ways note God is talking about His church His people.

Main Entry: ne·ces·si·ty

Date: 14th century
1 : the quality or state of being necessary
2 a : pressure of circumstance b : physical or moral compulsion c : impossibility of a contrary order or condition
3 : the quality or state of being in need; especially : poverty
4 a : something that is necessary : requirement b : an urgent need or desire
— of necessity : in such a way that it cannot be otherwise; also : as a necessary consequence


then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.


If the church my people will submit to me, pray, seek, crave, and urgently desire My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.( then I will bring revival)

True revival begins with the people of God becoming desperate to see the face of God. When we get to that point True revival will fall. And God will touch His church. Until that point we have only a taste of Him.

He is so vast and we do not see all of Him.

Desire the face of God desire His face and when you touch His face He will gladly show you His hand.
.

Take a look at previous moves of God they started when “God’s people” became desperate before God.

True revival begins when God’s people pray. You see when we pray we are communicating with God and when we communicate with God He communes with us. That communion brings revival.

it’s all about Him all about spending time with Him all about glorifying Him. All about letting His name be known and preached to the ends of time to the ends of the earth.
He alone is worthy of our desperation. He alone deserves all we can give. And when we give it all we get it all. Just comes with the territory. Seek Him for Him not what He can give but Who He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment