Saturday, May 8, 2010

Revival and prayer

Jackie Champ
Diane Kannady
Effective Prayer
Apeil 14 2010
Revival and prayer
One of my favorite verses says-2Choronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. KJV
2 Chronicles 7:14 (Amplified Bible)
14If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, pray, seek, crave, and require of necessity My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.
I have recently posted about this scripture on a friends Face book page-
“one of my fav verses is 2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
That is the ultimate Holy Ghost revival. And exactly what we need now. There are today in this world ... so many false so called "christian" teaching that we need men and women of God that will stand for the truth of God. And from revival grows the courage to do just that.”
Revival!? Revival is man seeking God and God in His mercy touching man as a result. True revival brings the lost into the Kingdom, brings healing to the sick, brings life to the church. True revival is not about emotionalism (even though as emotional creatures that accompanies it) yet revival is about God in His sovereignty meets with man in a special way.

Look at a couple of revivals The Azusa street revival it was said. "Brother Seymour generally sat behind two empty shoe boxes, one on top of the other. He usually kept his head inside the top one during the meeting, in prayer.”

In 1993, two years before the revival began, Brownsville's pastor, John Kilpatrick, began directing his congregation to pray for revival. God answered in a most awesome way with a Holy Ghost revival.

2 Chronicles 7:14 (Amplified Bible)
14If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, pray, seek, crave, and require of necessity My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land. A description of the perfect revival.

Lord make us desperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment