Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sermon Outline. Pneumatology

SERMON OUTLINE PNEUMATOLOGY
BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT

"For by one spirit we were all baptized into one body - whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free - and have all been made to drink in one spirit" (1 Corinthians 12:13).
"For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ" (Galatians 3:26,27).


OLD TESTAMENT PROPHECY CONCERNING BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT:
"For it is with stammering lips and another tongue he will speak to this people, to whom he said, "This is the rest with which you may cause the weary to rest," and "This is the refreshing"; yet they would not hear" (Isaiah 28:11-12).

"And it shall come to pass afterward that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old
men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions. And also on my menservants and on my maidservants I will pour out my Spirit in those days" (Joel 2:28-29).

NEW TESTAMENT FULFILLMENT OF THIS PROPHECY:
"In the law it is written: "With men of other tongues and other lips I will speak to this people; and yet, for all that, they will not hear me" (1 Corinthians 14:21).

"But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: "And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your young men shall see visions, your old men shall dream dreams. And on my menservants and on my maidservants I will pour out my Spirit in those days; and they shall prophesy" (Acts 2:16-18).


Jesus emphasized the importance of being baptized in the Holy Spirit.
"And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, "which, He said, "you have heard from Me; for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now" (Acts 1:4,5).

Jesus gave us the purpose for being baptized in the Holy Spirit.
"But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to me in Jerusalem, and all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth" (Acts 1:8).
The baptism of the Holy Spirit is not for the purpose of cleansing from sin, but for the purpose of empowering for service.

Have you received the baptism of the Holy Spirit. If not I encourage you to seek Him.

He will empower you to walk this road of salvation. Let Him guide you and direct you. Let him live through you.

No comments:

Post a Comment