Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Person of the Holy Spirit

Pneumatology
1/10/2010
The Person of the holy spirit
One of the lessons I did when I taught Sunday School at Cornwall Assembly of God was on the Person of the blessed Holy Spirit, as was recorded in “Welcome Holy Spirit” by Benny Hinn. I do so enjoy how Holy Spirit shows up when you talk about Him. So now I will completely enjoy His presence as I write on His Person-hood.
Holy Spirit is not only part of the blessed Trinity He is the Spirit of Almighty God. He reveals to us Jesus and teaches us to love our Lord.
When Jesus ascended to Heaven He told us that He would send us another Comforter.
John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
When Jesus said I will not leave you comfortless I will come to you. What He was saying was I personally will not be with you. Yet my representative The Holy Spirit will be there. He will be your help, He will be your strength, He will teach you all things of me in my place.
How can we compare Holy Spirit to a person?
A person has emotions, The Holy Spirit has emotions. Ephesians 4:30 And grieve (lupeo (pronounced loo-peh'-o)); to make sad or sorrowful, heavy of heart) not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
A person has intellect The Holy Spirit has intellect. 1 Corinthians 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
A person has knowledge, The Holy Spirit has knowledge. 1 Corinthians 2:11 even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
A person has a will and can make decisions, The Holy Spirit has his own will and he makes decisions. Acts 16:6 Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia (pronounced froog-ee'-ah) and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia,
A person loves, The Holy Spirit Loves. Romans 15:30 Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;

All these are the attributes of a person.

Let us look at a few more facts of His person-hood.

Things only a person would do
1) He teaches you things about God and yourself. John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
2) He tells the truth. John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
3) He guides. John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
4) He convinces. John 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
5) He prays for you. Romans 8:26-27 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit Himself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
6) He commands. Acts 13:2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

How can we compare Holy Spirit to a person? He has all the attributes of a person. He is not a force He is not a ghost even though that is His name He is invisible yet He is very much a person. And one we can count on for all things. He is the one here with us today. And His main job on this earth is to teach us Jesus. Grab His hand and let Him walk with you daily He is ever present and my blessed Friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment